Friday, December 19, 2008

Baseball is Dangerous, particularly in the Winter

As I walked back across the street to the house from my car, I spotted one of my neighbors who's also a Red Sox fan. Toes tingling from the cold snow and ice, I met his eyes as he started to warm up his car and said, "I can't wait for baseball season to start again..."
Once I got to thinking about it, though, I realized that pitchers and catchers report in less than 60 days!! Thank the gods, 'cause John Baker and I need something more to talk about than a less-than-exciting Hot Stove season (am I jaded? who knows...I just want baseball back). Besides, as opposed to how the members of Temple of the Dog felt about basketball/football versus baseball seasons, I am discovering that I have a specific sort of depression linked to the baseball offseason.

No comments: