Monday, May 26, 2008

This is how I roll in Des Moines!!

Well, the flash kinda fucked up this picture, but you get the idea. Slurpin down a Schlitz or two in preparation for an Iowa Cubs game at the High Life Lounge, which quickly became my favorite spot. That is, until the fuckin tornado force winds and the severe thunderstorms rolled in and then, I was quite happy with my hotel room. That shit was fierce! Winds in excess of 90mph and over an inch of rain in a little over an hour and a half. Haven't seen storminess such as that since living in Alaska, though this was a bit more unnerving due to the fact that a tornado coulda dropped in at any moment. Power went out about 4 times, but the hotel had a generator, so all was good and I was able to keep track of both the weather and baseball scores. Needless to say, I am glad to be the fuck out of tornado alley; tonight I bed down in Kodoka, South Dakota, just outside of the Badlands. That means I did this today...DAMN!!! That's a bit of drivin, but I don't feel worn out at all. Gave a big hoot and a holler when I hit the "Now Entering Mountain Time Zone" roadside sign. Translation: You most likely won't get caught up in a furious thunderstorm or tornado from here on out. Big Sigh Of Relief.

No comments: